Thursday, December 29, 2005

Moving, moving…

This morning, I admitted to myself what I have been denying for weeks, I hate my job. It stinks to high heaven and God knows, its stunk up my whole existence. My personality withered and I pretended I didn’t know why. It all came from my albatross.

From way back, I have been one for taking challenges, just for the sake of it. If someone said something was unattainable, well, I just went and did it, not to prove to the unlucky sucker who said it cant be done, but to satisfy my ego. Knowing that I could do something easily that everyone else was fighting to attain gave me a sort of rush.

So when I got bored, I went and got a job at this place. My work consists of sitting around all day pretending to be smart. Imagine doing that for a living!

Anyway, I realised that I’m not really cut out for this kinda thing. I could make up a zillion excuses why I should go away but I don’t care anymore. I think I wont try to explain myself on this one. This feeling of suffocation cant be good for my lungs.

4 Comments:

Blogger Iwaya said...

"I used to be like you but I didn't whine as much."
Office Space(1999)

Nobody likes their job, Bud. Here's a tissue.

3:38 AM  
Blogger Uganda Tourism Press Journalists said...

WHine? Whine? Ouch! Okay, maybe i deserved that.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Uganda Tourism Press Journalists said...

Whine? Whine? Ouch! Okay, maybe i deserved that.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I feel you chief. There is nothing as frustrating as an uninspiring job. You feel you should be out there doing something else, don't you? Pop quiz! What if that something you like was paying a lot less, would you still opt for it?

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home